Ingredients & Directions
- 1/2 cup cholesterol-free egg substitute
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 slices Pepperidge Farm® 100% Whole Wheat Cinnamon Swirl Bread With Raisins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrupor low-fat fruit yogurt for dipping
Beat the egg substitute, milk and vanilla extract in a 3-quart shallow baking dish with a fork or whisk. Add the bread slices and turn to coat.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the bread slices in batches and cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides. Remove the bread slices from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
Cut each bread slice into 4 “sticks”. Serve with the syrup for dipping.
Tip: This recipe can be halved to make 2 servings.