Ingredients & Directions
- 2 pounds (6 links) smoked or fresh kielbasa (Polish sausage)
- 1.5 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 1 package (17 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Farmhouse™ Sausage Buns, split and toasted
- 24 slices bread and butter pickle
- 6 tablespoons spicy brown mustard (or use your favorite type of mustard)
Cook the sausage in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat until well browned and cooked through. Pour off fat. Remove the sausage from the skillet, cover and keep warm.
Heat the sauerkraut in the skillet over medium heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
Spread the mustard on the bun. Divide the sausage, pickles and sauerkraut among the buns.
You can also grill the sausage on your grill or use a grill pan instead of a skillet on the stovetop. If toasting the buns on the grill or grill pan, brush the cut sides of the buns with a little olive oil first.